Find answers to frequently asked questions that travellers ask for staying at our youth hostel in London. For any further queries, please call us on +44 (0)20 8203 1319 or email us at email@example.com.
- How do I get to the london backpackers youth hostel from the airport/train station/bus station?
Our hostel is located just a short stroll away from major transport hubs in Hendon. Whether you arrive by bus, coach, plane or train you should have no problems finding us. For more details and full directions, see our location pages:
London Backpackers Location
- What time is check-in and check-out?
You can check in any time from 14:00 and, to give us time to prepare the room for the next guests, we ask that you check out by 10:00. If you need more details on arrival or when staying, please ask at reception. Our team is always happy to help with 24 hours open reception.
- How can I contact the hostel?
You can find our various contact details on our contacts page. For quick reference, you can call us on +44 (0)20 8203 1319 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have a kitchen to cook my own meal?
All guests are free to use our fully equipped modern kitchen to prepare their own food. A refrigerator, cupboards for storage and all the implements you need are provided free of charge.
- How much does breakfast cost?
Every guest gets a complimentary breakfast to set them up for the day. If you prefer, you could prepare your own breakfast using our fully equipped kitchen facilities.
- Can you gain access to the hostel at night?
We are open until 1 am for last check in. However, once you have checked, you may obtain a Keycard for 24 hour access with a £5 cash deposit (which is returned to you on check out).
- I didn’t receive a confirmation e-mail, what should I do?
If you’ve yet to receive your confirmation email then don’t panic. Simply call our reception with your details and a member of our team will find the booking for you.
- What’s the difference between a private double bed room and a twin room?
A double room contains just the one double sized bed, whereas a twin room will be equipped with two separate beds. At London Backpackers twin rooms have bunk beds in order to maximize the available space.
- What type of groups do you accept?
We accept a wide range of groups seeking budget hostel accommodation. These can include universities, colleges, secondary and high schools, private parties and celebrations, societies, clubs and special interest or leisure groups.
- What shops and restaurants can I find around the hostel?
- How long can I stay at the London backpackers hostel?
We don’t set a maximum time period for any guest to stay. If you’re seeking an extended booking, however, it’s advisable to check availability by contacting our reception well in advance.
- Is the bed linen provided?
All bed linen are provided for guests free of charge, and when you arrive your bed will have been made up for you.
- Are there laundry facilities available, and if so, how much do they cost?
Laundry facilities are available for guests and the cost is £2.50 for wash token and £2.50 for a drying token.
- Do you have lockers available to store valuables?
We offer free bag storage facilities to all our guests and lockers for use throughout the stay which can be locked with a padlock. If you have valuables to store, we recommend bringing your own padlock.
- Can I just turn up to the hostel to book a bed/room?
We pride ourselves on our hospitality, so we’re always more than happy to take guests booking in from the street. We do our best to make sure that there are a few beds available for last minute arrivals, but this can be tricky during the peak travel periods such as high summer. If it’s at all possible you should call in advance to check availability, and please remember to bring a valid photo ID to use when checking in.
- Do you offer accommodation to groups? What is the maximum size for a group?
We’ve got the room and facilities to offer group accommodation for both short and long stay bookings. Depending on current availability, we’re willing to cater for any size of group. For more details please contact us or check our group bookings page.
- Do you have any special offers or discounts?
We run a range of different special offers throughout the year. To find out what’s happening at the moment, and make sure you’re getting the best possible value, please contact us directly. We also take bookings via website, for details you can chat to a member of our super friendly team on +44 (0)20 8203 1319 or drop us an email at email@example.com.
- What to do when visiting London?
London is a genuinely global city, attracting visitors from all over the world with its vibrant mix of art, entertainment, history, culture, shopping and so much more. Young people in particular will never run out of things to do and see in one of the most advanced and diverse cities in the world. For more detailed information on some of the exciting things awaiting you when you book your stay at London Backpackers please see our ‘London Attractions’ and ‘Guide To London’ pages.
- What is a backpackers youth hostel like?
A backpackers youth hostel is designed to offer budget accommodation to young people – aged between 18 and 40 – who are travelling for leisure, work or education. One of the chief attractions of staying in a hostel like ours is that you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people – young travellers enjoying an adventure in one of the greatest cities in the world.
- What payment methods do you accept upon check-in?
Payment is often taken in advance but, if not, then we take payment on arrival via credit card, or using the official currency of the UK, which is Pounds Sterling.
- How do I cancel or amend my reservation?
The process for cancelling a booking depends upon the platform via which it was originally made. If bookings are made through OTAs viz., Booking.com, Hostelworld – terms and conditions are attached to your confirmation mail. If booked direct from the website, contact us by calling +44 (0)20 8203 1319 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of our team will explain what your options are.
- Do London Backpackers hostel practice social distancing or health measures considering Covid?
Yes, we are following every guideline we can to keep you and our staff safe during your stay with us. This includes the installation of hand sanitisation stations, regularly wiping public areas, deep clearing room and more.
- Do I need to take a pre-departure test and a PCR test?
Arrivals who are not recognised as fully vaccinated will only need to take a pre-departure test and a PCR test on or before day 2 after they arrive in the UK.
- What is not mandatory when we travel to England, the UK?
You do not need to do the following:
1) Complete a UK passenger locator form before you travel</li>
2) Take any COVID-19 tests before you travel or after you arrive</li>
3) Quarantine when you arrive
Please note, that the above mentioned Government guidelines were taken from this reference as of 19 April 2022.
- Are there any red list countries and territories?
Currently, there are no red list restrictions in place for travel to England
Please note, above mentioned answer is based on Government guidelines taken from this reference as of 19 April 2022.