London Backpackers Covid statement
The last few months have been hard for everyone, but the light is starting to appear at the end of the tunnel! We’ll all be back to our travel plans soon, and everyone here at London Backpackers are doing everything we can to keep you safe and happy when you do travel.
We are following every guideline we can to keep you and our staff safe during your stay with us. These include:
- Installing hand sanitisation stations at every entry and exit point and throughout the hostel.
- Wiping all public areas down regularly throughout the day and night.
- Deep cleaning every room daily.
- Keeping bed allocations spread out, allowing for proper social distancing to be kept
- Keeping a reduced capacity in all common areas so everyone can have room to keep distanced.
We are also waiving any upfront payments, taking payment for your stay only upon arrival to allow for the most flexibility for both you and us to respond to news of the pandemic accordingly.
Unfortunately, because we are trying to limit the amount of contact we have with each other, our library and VHS collection have been taken away. We do, however, have extra power connections and adaptors available to all to be able to plug in your own devices so you can enjoy your own personal entertainment throughout your stay.
We are also having to stop serving breakfast in order to further reduce the contact and contamination. There are shops a few doors down from us and our staff are more than happy to point you to the best breakfast available close by!
We are working hard to keep London Backpackers safe. We are keeping up to date with the latest advice and procedures, and continue to monitor the situation to keep you, your loved ones and our staff safe now and in the future.
Covid Updates Year 2022
- From 4 am on 11 February requirements for all testing for eligible fully vaccinated arrivals will be removed, with only a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) now required.
- Arrivals who are not recognised as fully vaccinated will only need to take a pre-departure test and a PCR test on or before day 2 after they arrive in the UK.
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory in indoor venues from 27th January 2022.
- For large events and nightclubs COVID Passes are now voluntary.